Use Web Searches to Your Library’s Advantage
Consider this: 89% of Americans use the internet. What if your library’s valuable resources and programs started appearing at the top of their search results? It would be a game changer.
Library & Community Benefits
DiscoverLocal Now Works With Amazon Alexa™
Easier Than Typing, Tapping or Calling … Just Ask Alexa!
People use online searches, smartphones and voice controlled devices to discover things. Because DiscoverLocal makes library information visible in search engines, it also works with Amazon’s Alexa … all they have to do is ask about your library!
What can Alexa & DiscoverLocal do?
- Find information about library hours and services
- Place holds and renew items already checked out
- Discover events and register to attend
- Reserve study or meeting rooms
How DiscoverLocal Works:
- Upload — Your library’s collection via MARC records is uploaded into DiscoverLocal.
- Optimize — Your collection & events are geo-coded so search engines can discover them.
- Search — Your community members search for book titles, media and events on their favorite search engines.
- Results — Relevant programs and material(s) in your collection show up at the top of the search engine results, most likely outranking online retailers.
- Reserve — People can immediately register for an event, reserve the item or become a new patron and library user!
- Learn — Robust, real-time reporting gives you greater insights into your community’s interests.
Everything About Your Library—Now Searchable!
Recorded on: July 20, 2017
In this webinar, you’ll learn how to:
- Broaden the reach of your programming and event marketing
- Encourage more people to sign up for library cards
- Build awareness about your library’s resources.
Learn how to give your library top ranking in local search engine results!
40,000 Google searches are performed every second!
90% of U.S. local libraries offer e-book lending, but 38% of American's don't know this.
Online author or topic searches drive 48% of all book choices.
19% of people discover books through online searches.