Demco Software provides powerful back-end analytics to help library customers track statistics about use of their library’s mobile app.
Currently, Boopsie Analytics tracks:
- Downloads and unique users
- Daily and monthly queries
- Queries by device type
- Channel visits
Boopsie customers can view their dashboard anytime through the customer portal. Click on the images below for enlarged screenshots of the Boopsie Analytics dashboard.
Boopsie Analytics charts and tables allow for quick visualization of data trends over time, and the custom date range selector allows you to choose a date range for analysis. The reports can easily be imported into MS Excel or other spreadsheet programs.
Boopsie Analytics Helps You …
- Make informed purchasing decisions
- Gauge app success by tracking usage and downloads
- Get the “big picture” of mobile usage in your community
- Increase user engagement of infrequent users
- Provide a better experience to your patrons
Library mobile trends uncovered by Boopsie Analytics:
- Mobile library app adoption is increasing: in Q1 2014, the number of apps downloaded per month has increased by 12.93% across all libraries using Boopsie’s platform, bringing the average monthly downloads to over 300 new app downloads per library.
- As compared to Q2 2013, in Q2 2014, the average number of monthly unique users increased by 23.14% across all libraries using Boopsie and the average number of queries made by library users increased by 26.44% over the same time period.
- Most large and mid-sized public libraries serve their patrons through Boopsie at less than $0.10 per month, especially relevant because delivering digital services increases circulation without use of physical library resources like personnel, facilities and other costs related to in-library services.
- iOS users tend to be more avid readers and users of free public library services.
- Device usage: Apple devices still retain the majority of the market share of library apps. iOS usage increased 15% over the last year, while Android increased their market share by 22.54%.